A Christmas Exchange
PERSON A: "This morning, I was fighting back tears for part of the service, sitting with my mom. There was a good msg though, of finding hope btw 2 impossibilities (a virgin birth and the dead coming to life). Things are still hard but the msg is true. Nothing is impossible. I don't know what this means in the context of individual lives or families (or even whole populations), but it takes the pressure off of me (or anyone) to find a solution to things that are irreconcilable or just really sad. After that, I was able to take the day not quite so seriously, and I hope that it will carry over into tomorrow as well. By His Grace..."PERSON B: "Beautifully stated. I think i feel the same way about it all. To be honest, more often than not i doubt it all deep in my mind, ever so shallowly in my heart. Yet I continue live like i believe it all. is that what they call faith? i know that my soul needs it and in the long run. Is that what they mean by "opiate of the masses?"
But you know, by the end of each day my actions end up speaking louder than my mind and heart. The realities of my life and my relationship with Him in actual experience help to re-confirm the possibility of the impossible.
I still haven't seen a virgin give birth, and I still haven't seen anyone come back from the dead. Yet we walk on, because we've seen a lot of other things that, at least I know, could never be contributed to my own strength and skills.
Impossible hope in humble beginnings is the story of Christmas... and I do see it. I see a lot of humble beginnings everyday. Who knows what magnificent hope they will one day bring. May such hope continue to transform our world...
indeed.. . By His Grace"

<< Home